Imagine you had an eyeball that wanted to enroll in hearing lessons. Or if your nose was like, “This is America, I can be anything I want!” as it attempted to take over for your pancreas.
Thankfully, our body parts understand the power of SINGLE FOCUS.
Which brings us back to last week, and your mission to write a mission statement that aligns your organization toward one clear objective. Here are the questions we proposed to help get your focused:
- What is your organization’s core idea?
- How can you make it more concrete?
- Why should your employees care about it?
There’s a reason why we keep talking about this. We really do believe you have something unique to offer the world, but too many companies don’t have the strategic direction to effectively move it forward.
If you’re still feeling a bit rudderless, here are the FOUR QUESTIONS that define your mission:
- Who are we? What are we in business to do?
- Who are your customers, and what problem do they have?
- What’s your unique solution?
- What’s your promise of transformation?
I know we’re all busy, but here’s your mission (if you choose to accept it): Schedule an hour this week to sharpen your answers to these questions. The more clarity you have, the more you’ll be able to communicate your mission with a focus.
All of us at BOS Media are rooting for you to accomplish the impossible. Hopefully this helps you do it a bit more strategically.