Want to Create an Instagram Strategy and Game Plan to Make an Impact?
You probably know Instagram can be a powerful way to connect with your dream customers, but where do we start? Over the next few weeks, Bos Media is here with some ideas for how to best engage this platform.
First, let’s start by shifting our mindset from “How can I get” to “How can I give” – this perspective alone can change everything. Instead of thinking, “How can I get more followers?” think: “How can I give my potential clients what they desperately need?”
People are so used to being asked for things that when someone is giving them value, they literally can’t get enough. The more you understand the specific problem you are helping people solve, the more your content becomes about THEM instead of about YOU. Which is essential, because the truth is, people don’t really care about your company (no offense :)… but if you are filling a need with a product or service they can’t live without, you will definitely have their attention.
So before we do anything else, we need to know the following about our potential clients:
- What’s their problem?
- What do they need?
- What pain points do they have?
- What are their wants and desires?
Let those questions inform the content you share – when you post, ask yourself, “What need is this fulfilling?”
There are so many fun and different ways for content to offer value – it could be:
- Educational. Teach as an expert in your field, passing along the secrets of what you do.
- Behind the Scenes. Pull back the curtain on how you do things – this humanizes your business while also giving new level of access that makes your audience feel special.
- Practical. Show them a step-by-step process to get them from point A to point B.
- Motivational. Inspire them through stories, quotes (not cheesy ones), and/or your own life lessons.
- Entertaining. Maybe it’s as simple as just making them laugh. There are a lot of companies I follow just to see the fun and creative things they do.
Take some time this week to get clear on what your goals are, and how Instagram can play a part in it. I’ll be back with some more tips next week, or feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Can’t wait to see your next post!