The fight is on.
We’re not going to name names, but it all started when I was listening to another podcast and they said they HATE when business owners talk about people they work with as “family” – they claim your one responsibility to co-workers is to grow your business because everyone wins when you make a profit.
Today we will present our counterpoint to people who believe that work relationships shouldn’t be family, and argue that actually that position is what’s wrong with American business today.
If treating people like family is wrong, we don’t wanna be right!
Links to movies and TED Talk we reference:
- Ender’s Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRizeR4MmU
- Little Women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AST2-4db4ic
- It’s a Wonderful Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtE1cGb1BM
- Just Mercy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQbeG5yW78
- Bryan Stevenson TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/bryan_stevenson_we_need_to_talk_about_an_injustice?language=en
Are you a frequent podcast listener?
If you are, you can find us at the links below, please make sure to subscribe and share. We would also love to hear from you, so, just leave us a comment on the iTunes review or contact us here directly. In the meantime, thank you so much for being here and remember to always MAKE IT MATTER.
Also, let us know what you think by commenting on this post or click on this link to talk to us. https://boscurrent.wpengine.com/feedback
Hanju is the owner of BOS Media Group, a marketing, consulting and creative agency in Orange County, CA. Hanju has a passion for working with entrepreneurs and small businesses to inspire, teach and resource their vision to help become a reality. He also loves anything outdoors, he prefers fancy restaurants with outdoor seating…like McDonalds.